|2013 - 2016 (March)||Ph.D. Science from the Department of Physics, The University of Tokyo,|
Dissertation: “Observation and Control of the Magnetic Order Dynamics using Terahertz Magnetic Nearfield Enhanced by Metallic Microstructures”
|2016 (April) - 2016 (July)||JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Postdoc at Terahertz science group, Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University, Japan|
|Since 2016 (August)||JSPS Postdoctoral fellow at Lehrstuhl für Ultrakurzzeitphysik und Photonik (Prof. Dr. A. Leitenstorfer)|
- Abel Woldegeorgis, Takayuki Kurihara, Mohammed Almassarani, Burgard Beleites, Ronny Grosse, Falk Ronneberger, and Amrutha Gopal, "Multi-MV/cm longitudinally polarized terahertz pulses from laser–thin foil interaction", Optica 5, Issue 11, pp. 1474-1477 (2018)
- Takayuki Kurihara, Hongsong Qiu, Kosaku Kato, Hiroshi Watanabe and Makoto Nakajima , "Enhanced detection sensitivity of terahertz magnetic nearfield with cryogenically-cooled magnetooptical sampling in terbium-gallium-garnet", Appl. Phys. Lett. 113, 11, 111103 (2018) (Featured as "Editor's pick")
- A. Woldegeorgis, T. Kurihara, B. Beleites, J. Bossert, R.Grosse, G. G. Paulus, F. Ronneberger, and A. Gopal, "THz induced nonlinear effects in materials at intensities above 26 GW/cm2", J. Infrared Milli. Terahz Waves 39, 808 (2018)
- H. Qiu, T. Kurihara, H. Harada, K. Kato, K. Takano, T. Suemoto, M. Tani, N. Sarukura, M. Yoshimura, and M. Nakajima, "Enhancing terahertz magnetic near field induced by a micro-split-ring resonator with a tapered waveguide," Opt. Lett. 43, 1658-1661 (2018)
- T. Kurihara, H. Watanabe, M. Nakajima, S. Karube, K. Oto, Y. Otani and T. Suemoto, "Macroscopic Magnetization Control by Symmetry Breaking of Photoinduced Spin Reorientation with Intense Terahertz Magnetic Near Field", Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 107202 (2018)
- H. Watanabe, T. Kurihara, T. Kato, K. Yamaguchi, and T. Suemoto, "Observation of long-lived coherent spin precession in orthoferrite ErFeO3 induced by terahertz magnetic fields", Appl. Phys. Lett. 111, 092401 (2017)
- Jian Lu, Xian Li, Harold Y. Hwang, Benjamin K. Ofori-Okai, Takayuki Kurihara, Tohru Suemoto, and Keith A. Nelson, "Coherent Two-Dimensional Terahertz Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Collective Spin Waves", Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 207204 (2017)
- M. P. Fischer, J. Bühler, G. Fitzky, T. Kurihara, S. Eggert, A. Leitenstorfer, and D. Brida "Coherent Field Transients below 15 THz from Phase-Matched Difference Frequency Generation in 4H-SiC", Opt. Lett. 42, 2687 (2017)
- T. Suemoto, K. Nakamura, T. Kurihara, and H. Watanabe, "Magnetization-free measurements of spin orientations in orthoferrites using terahertz time domain spectroscopy", Appl. Phys. Lett. 107, 042404(2015).
- K. Yamaguchi, T. Kurihara, H. Watanabe, M. Nakajima, and T. Suemoto, "Dynamics of photoinduced change of magnetoanisotropy parameter in orthoferrites probed with terahertz excited coherent spin precessions,", Phys. Rev. B 92, 064404 (2015).
- T. Kurihara, K. Nakamura, K. Yamaguchi, Y. Sekine, Y. Saito, M. Nakajima, K. Oto, H. Watanabe, and T. Suemoto, "Enhanced spin-precession dynamics in a spin-metamaterial coupled resonator observed in terahertz time-domain measurements", Physical Review B 90, 144408 (2014).
- T. Kurihara, K. Yamaguchi, H. Watanabe, M. Nakajima, and T. Suemoto, "Dielectric probe for scattering-type terahertz scanning near-field optical microscopy", Applied Physics Letters 103, 151105 (2013).
- Y. Minami, T. Kurihara, K. Yamaguchi, M. Nakajima, T. Suemoto, "Longitudinal terahertz wave generation from an air plasma filament induced by a femtosecond laser", Applied Physics Letters 102, 151106 (2013).
- K. Yamaguchi, T. Kurihara, Y. Minami, M. Nakajima, T. Suemoto, "Terahertz Time-Domain Observation of Spin Reorientation in Orthoferrite ErFeO3 through Magnetic Free Induction Decay", Physical Review Letters 110, 137204 (2013).
- Y. Minami, T. Kurihara, K. Yamaguchi, M. Nakajima, T. Suemoto, "High-power THz wave generation in plasma induced by polarization adjusted two-color laser pulses", Applied Physics Letters 102, 041105 (2013).
- T. Kurihara, R. Sugimoto, R. Kudo, S. Takahashi, and K. Takamasu, "Height measurement of single nanoparticles based on evanescent field modulation", International Journal of Nanomanufacturing, 8, Nos. 5/6, 419 (2012).